2009 La Merced Traveling Brigade
|• Heather Anderson
• Jane Anderson, CRNP
• Hala McIver
• Cheryl Nemazie
• Julia Perrotta
• Tina Perrotta
|• Vincent Perrotta
• Patricia Ramos
• Nancy Rodriguez Weller
• Kristen Weller
• Michael Traum
• Steven Woodward
Medical Mission Highlights:
- performed reconstructive surgery on thirty-five children at the Mascota Hospital for Children
- donated $2000 to the Mascota Hospital to cover the cost of diagnostic studies.
- provided primary care service to 26 patients in the Roberto Clemente Clinic.
- donated $2000 for the purchase of air conditioners for the Roberto Clemente Clinic.
- Donated surgical supplies, equipment and medications (U.S. dollar value = to $25,000) to the Mascotal Hospital for Children and the Roberto Clemente clinic.
Community Outreach Highlights
- established Student Sponsor Program through which individuals here at home can sponsor a student at the Marilac School for $100 per year, covering full tuition, books and uniforms.
- donated 7 computers and a new ceiling-mount projector for the Marilac school.
- donated suitcases full of supplies for the Marilac School. Shown above is Hala McIver, 2009 Secretary of La Merced.
Community Outreach Here and Beyond
Also in 2009, La Merced distributed medical supplies to shelters on the Delmarva Peninsula and diverted some of its supplies to Haiti.
Special thanks to:
- Nanticoke Memorial Hospital and Chesapeake Surgery Center for donating the lion’s share of medical supplies and medications.
- Community Pharmacy for donating all the oral antibiotics for patients treated.
- Pohanka Auto Group for raising funds through its Pay it Forward Program.
- Salisbury Morning Rotary and Salisbury Afternoon Rotary for donating funds.